Saturday, June 7, 2008

"Today is the first day of the rest of your life."

This phrase is so commonplace I actually had to look up where it came from. (By the way, it is attributed to Abbie Hoffman and first appeared in print in his book "Revolution For the Hell of It".) It works in a variety of situations and weightloss is certainly one of them!

So here were are. . . you, dear reader, and I, soon to be frequent blogger. The subject is weightloss. Getting healthy. Eating right. Moving the body. Notice I didn't say "getting skinny"? First of all, I'm trying to start with realistic goals. And second, I don't necessarily aspire to be rail thin, model gorgeous, or even a size 10. I just don't want to be what I am now. . . which is feeling tired, and fat, and dumpy.

Maybe you've been on your own personal journey or maybe, like me, you are just starting out. Either way, I'd love to hear feedback from folks. What are your trials, tribulations, and successes? There are a million diet plans, suppliments, words of advice, etc. floating around. I'm not looking to add to that, but there are an awful lot of us out there facing this same challenge.

Let's talk, let's act, let's win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How you like them apples?