Sunday, June 15, 2008

Day Eight: Food Log

Uh oh. Day 8? Has it been a whole week? I never ate my veggies:-(

* Bowl of Lucky Charms
* Macaroni and Cheese (but for once I only put 2 spoonfuls of butter in it instead of an entire cup!)
* Chicken Potpie
* Chicken casserole again
* Water (from now on I'm going to quit listing the water. Assume I'm drinking it all the time, unless I specifically list soda or juice or something else.)

This doesn't seem like a lot of food (compared to normal), but I can't remember having anything else. I did a bunch of cleaning today, so I think it distracted me from food.

I've noticed that my biggest challenge comes late at night when I've just gotten home and I'm starving and have access to anything and everything in the fridge. I think that is when I've typically binged on really crappy stuff - like hot dogs (3 or 4 at a time) or ice cream or lunch meat or anything else handy that doesn't have to be prepared.

I might try counting calories in the future (maybe not every day), but I am a little hesitant. The more work it is for me to decide to eat something, the more likely I am to say "forget this!" and quit. (This is what I know from prior experience).

My goals for this next week are to finally work some veggies into my diet and to make a dish or two myself instead of eating prepackaged food packed with preservatives and sodium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How you like them apples?