Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Keep on Truckin'!

This morning on the way to work I was starving, because I didn't make time for breakfast.  My brain said, "Don't do it!", but my hands guided my car into the McD's parking lot.  There was a gentleman walking across the lot with a soda and bag in his hand and he had a "dunlap"...as in his gut done lapped over his belt.  So I pulled a U-turn and kept going.

Hold the applause, because 5 minutes later I actually got in line at the Dunkin' Donuts drive-thru close to my work.  That's not a place I even eat at!  I was just sooo starving and I knew I had nothing at work except a 1/2 gallon of milk to hold me until lunch.  Mind you my lunch is at 2pm!

But looking at the choices on the DD menu, it couldn't have been much different than eating at McD's.  So I pulled out of there, too!

I drank some of the milk (which I think was starting to go bad - yeck!) mixed with an instant b-fast powdered drink (which I only bought thanks to a free coupon).  It tasted like crap, I was starving at lunch, and then I ate a slice of chocolate cake at tonight's work meeting.

I'm not sure that any of my denial paid off in the long run!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How you like them apples?