Thursday, September 30, 2010

Boyfriend vs. The Brown Sweater

I have this brown sweater that my boyfriend hates with a passion.  The last time he was at my house and saw it laying around he threatened to cut it up.  Personally, other than being a little bland (it is just plain brown) I think it is just fine!  In fact it can be worn with dress pants for work or jeans on the weekend.  It is comfortable and, best of all, the sleeves are elbow-length and cover my upper arms.

So over the weekend I made him come to the mall with me to find a replacement.  The deal was if he could find something that he liked and it could transition from work to casual, then I'd buy it no matter the cost and get rid of the brown sweater.

Armed with a coupon for Lane Bryant we set out.  Macy's, JC Penny, Torrid, and Lane Bryant later he came to a conclusion,
"You are too " in between" to make anything work.  The regular clothes are too small and the big girl clothes are too big to make it look good.  That woman who just walked by looked good in her outfit, but she was at least twice your size.  So you either have to chunk it up or take it off to make this work."

I still can't decide if that was completely depressing or kind of hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How you like them apples?