Friday, September 17, 2010

Don't Call Me Sweet Pea

I ran out of time this morning to eat, so I had to grab breakfast at Subway.  Egg white and provolone English muffin.  I'm proud to say I got the usual lettuce and tomato and this time added spinach!

The back story:  Once upon a time I hated tomatoes.  The only form I'd partake in would be ketchup, pizza sauce, etc. but I'd run away at the threat of a fresh slice of tomato.  It took years, but I finally introduced tiny diced up pieces mixed very sparingly into my food (casseroles and such).  Because I know it is good for me, I've managed to work my way up to getting lettuce and tomato on all my sandwiches.  Since they always talk about eating "leafy greens", I thought fresh spinach didn't look too intimidating.  Sadly, I actually had to ask what it was as I'd never seen spinach that wasn't served on a school lunch tray looking like a pathetic jumble of seaweed.  I mean, I thought that's what it was, but I had to ask to be certain (how pathetic!).

Overall, I suppose it won't kill me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How you like them apples?