Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Partner in Crime

Today was the first day back in the gym AGAIN. Yes, I am starting over yet again. But this time it wasn't even my idea. For the past 2 weeks I've said, "I need to get back to the gym!" But each day passed and not one attempt was made, because I let everything else get in the way.

Last night my guy looked at me and said, "I'm going to get in shape and look hot and I don't think you want me to do it without you." Holy crap.

We've only been dating less than 2 weeks, but we've been friends for over a year and a half. He's a big guy, but not in a disgusting way. I like him and spending time with him, he's cute, and he's never made me feel fat. In fact, we've never talked about weight at all. Ever.

But last night he threw down the gauntlet. There are things we both want to change: our unhealthy lifestyle, our finances (stick to a budget, find fun money, etc), and we want to, as Ghandi put it, be the change we want in the world. In his eyes a competition between us in terms of getting healthy is the way to go. Maybe he's right; I really don't know. All I know is that I don't care what it takes to motivate me, I just NEED some help.

At the very least, since we have the same goals the next time one of us says, "I'm broke, hungry, and don't feel like cooking. Buffet?" The other person won't automatically say, "Yes, let's go!"
Hopefully, that will count for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How you like them apples?