Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Doctor's Scale

I don't even know what to say. I fell off the wagon then thought I was getting back on, but never got around to posting again and then everything just fell by the wayside. I have no excuses and so here I am months later starting all over again.

A couple weeks ago I found myself in the doctor's office and, of course, they saw fit to weigh me.

222 lbs.

The nurse said, "Oh, don't worry we knock a few pounds off to account for the clothing you are wearing." Riiight, because that makes it all better, doesn't it? This is officially the heaviest I have ever been. I call 195 lbs. my "floor weight" - meaning that the last time I tried to loose weight, I couldn't break that 195 barrier. A male friend of mine who uses his lunch hour to work out at the gym said he was told he could lose 50lbs by the end of August (gaining 10-15 lbs of muscle) with his current regimen. Damn, why don't I have an employer with a health club on the premises?

Anyway, he's one of my best friends and while we don't discuss weight issues (our convo was a one time thing), I can't let him get all fit and leave me in Fatsville.

I actually feel a little despondent saying, "Maybe this time I'll stick with it." Who knows. It is what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How you like them apples?