Wednesday, December 2, 2009

When 5 Pounds Feels Like a Ton

I made it back to the gym this morning and my knee seems to be doing alright.  I didn't do much - just burned off 200 calories on the elliptical and treadmill.

Unfortunately, I also stepped on the scale in the gym's bathroom before my workout.  Admittedly, it could be a little inaccurate (heck, the display covering is cracked), but the point is that I weigh 5 pounds more than last time I checked (on that very same scale).  Granted I haven't checked since the summer and I just recently started to work out again, but somehow those 5 pounds I didn't know about psychologically feels like a ton!

Normally I can drop 5-10 pounds quickly just by cutting out the fast food.  But I haven't really been eating fast food lately!  Whereas I used to go 1-2 times daily on my bad weeks, I only remember getting 1 double cheeseburger all last week.  But my pants don't fit any better, that's for sure.

This morning I had a bowl of oatmeal (Maple and Brown sugar) and a bologna sandwich after the gym.  Not a great choice, but I have to eat this food up.  I still have unhealthy and questionable things in the fridge.  The goal for my next grocery shopping trip is to not buy anything with a NuVal score less than 40.

1 comment:

How you like them apples?